The first product of its kind, Prevalin Allergy Plus has a unique double action formula that provides fast relief at the onset of symptoms, getting to work in just three minutes (that’s five times faster than hay fever tablets*) and reduces sensitivity to allergens.1-4
Like all products in the Prevalin Allergy range, Prevalin Allergy Plus is drug- and steroid- free and is suitable for pregnant and breastfeeding women.
Allergies can get worse from year to year or within the season because, as time goes by, a person’s immune system can become more sensitive to allergens.6
This means that later in the hay fever season symptoms can be caused by a smaller amount of pollen than they would at the start. Likewise, the same amount of pollen might cause a much stronger reaction.7-9
Prevalin Allergy Plus contains a unique therapeutic oil that acts as a mast cell stabiliser and blocks the release of histamine (the chemical that causes allergic reactions).
In blocking the release of histamine, Prevalin Allergy Plus can help reduce your sensitivity to allergens so you can enjoy the summer like you used to.1-4
Want to know more? Watch our video to find out how Prevalin Allergy Plus could help you.
Prevalin Allergy Plus is available in a one month supply for adults and children over 12 years, and can be found in most major retailers and pharmacies nationwide. RRP £11.99.**
Unique Thixotropic Formula
Purchase online today
1. Fokkens, W. J., Godthelp, T., Holm, a. F., Blom, H., Mulder, P. G. H., Vroom Th., M., & Rijntjes, E. (1992). Dynamics of mast cells in the nasal mucosa of patients with allergic rhinitis and non-allergic controls: A biopsystudy. Clinical and Experimental Allergy, 22, 701–710. doi:10.1111/j.1365-2222.1992.tb00194.x
2. Garrelds et al. 1996; Wachs et al. 1989
3. 15 Bufe A , Int Arch Allergy Immunol 2000; 121:85–86
4. Efficacy Of Three Thixotropic Nasal Spray Preparations On Seasonal Allergic Rhinitis Assessed By Allergen Challenge In An Environmental Exposure Unit Mohammad Asif Orient Pharm Exp Med (2011) 11:51–59 DOI 10.1007/s13596-011-0002-x
5. Efficacy of thixotropic nasal spray for seasonal allergic rhinitis assessed by a 4-hour and 3-hour allergen challenge in an environmental exposure unit. Available from: http://www.prevalin.com/ie/clinicalyProven.php [last accessed February 2016]
6. Omega Pharma, March 2016, Data on File
7. ViegasM. · Gomez E. · Brooks J. · Davies R.J.,Changes in Nasal Mast Cell Numbers In and Out of the Pollen Season, IntArchAllergyImmunol1987;82:275–276
8. Garrelds, I. M., Veld, C. D. G., Wijk, R. G., & Zijlstra, F. J. (1996). Nasal hyper reactivity and inflammation in allergic rhinitis. Mediators of Inflammation, 5, 79–94. doi:10.1155/S0962935196000142
9. Wachs, M., Proud, D., Lichtenstein, L. M., Kagey-Sobotka, a, Norman, P. S., & Naclerio, R. M. (1989). Observations on the pathogenesis of nasal priming. The Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, 84, 492–501.
**Retailers pricing is at their sole discretion
*Compared to single active antihistamine tablets